Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!


So, I've been telling myself that it's time to get in shape for.... years. I never have the motivation, I'm too complacent in my day-to-day routine... I'm a creature of habit. Unfortunately, this creature has been indulging TOO much in the endless snacks and delicious meals that my company provides.

I gained quite a bit of weight since starting my job at Leeo. It was stealthy, sneaking up on me without warning. I hadn't weighed myself in months, so a few weeks ago at the doctor I stepped on the scale and was SHOCKED.

I decided after that incident that this would be it for me, that I would get in shape and change my eating habits, but this time for good. NO WAY am I letting myself get back to this point.

That being said, I had been hearing a LOT from friends about the benefits of Advocare in helping kick start and maintain a positive lifestyle change. People have had amazing results with the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, so I thought that would be the perfect way to get started. I cut out all processed foods, and eat lean meats, tons of veggies, and a small amount of complex carbs each day, meal prepping to the extreme at the beginning of each week. I also found this great fitness program by Jamie Eason called LiveFit that I've been following.

This next part I'm pretty hesitant about, but I'm just going to power through and do it! I'm going to share my before pictures to better hold myself accountable, and as a means of seeing my progress physically. I have already lost 10 pounds on the first 5 days of the Advocare challenge, but here is where I was the night before I began:

Ignore the dumb smirk, I'm clearly taking this very seriously.


*shudder* I've never been this heavy in my life, but this is where it ends! I will be posting pictures after the 24 day challenge is over and then periodically as I continue with this. Since starting this "life overhaul," I'm feeling refreshed, more energized and ready to get in shape! Woo!

Wish me luck on this journey; I'm excited to see where it takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)