Sunday, January 18, 2015

Progress Update!

The Advocare challenge is split into two parts:

Cleanse Phase (10 days) - Helps to rid the body of waste and prepare the body to better absorb nutrients.
Max Phase (14 days) - Fuels your body in order to achieve maximum results.

I'm so excited to be finished with the first phase of this challenge! I have so much energy every day, which makes a HUGE difference, because most days I go to the gym after work. Before I started this, I would get home from work exhausted. There would be no way that I could have had the energy to go to the gym at the end of a work day. Now, I have enough energy to make it through the day and through my workout, and when I get home, I'm still energized! It's like magic, guys, I love it. 

I thought that I would have a huge issue with cravings and lack of willpower, but surprisingly, I'm actually enjoying the food I'm preparing and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything at all! In my previous efforts to get in shape, I would feel so deprived of the foods I love. This time around, it feels so different. I eat five small meals a day, and I never feel hungry. It's amazing.

Let's talk about the workouts!


The first week was relatively easy, with the exception of day 4's shoulder exercises. I didn't realize how weak those muscles are! Ever since having to quit CrossFit due to back injury a few years back, I have been seriously jonesing to get lifting again.This is an excellent way to ease back into it! The first two week's of Jamie Eason's program only have 4 days of workouts, with 3 rest days. 3 days?! That seems like SO many rest days. I'm itching to get back into the gym! I know in a couple of weeks that I'm going to miss having all those rest days, when the workouts increase to 6 days a week and take 3 times as long to complete! I am seriously SO excited for the rest of this program. I legitimately enjoy each day in the gym and I wake up each morning excited for what the next workout has for me. Who am I becoming?! 

Progress
Weight Lost: 12 lb
Inches Lost: 8.75"

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)